20061109

Genesis 1:22 - Spiritual Blessings

And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.
To be fruitful and multiple is a blessing of one's off-spring. Although God give man the power to acquire material things such as wealth and riches, most blessings are more spiritual in nature, such as :
  • An Everlasting Name, Isaiah 56:4-5 - For thus saith the Lord unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant; Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.
  • Spiritual Knowledge, Jeremiah 24:7 - And I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the Lord; and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.
  • A New Heart, Ezekiel 11:19 - Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
  • Spiritual Rest, Matthew 11:28 - Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
  • Keys of the Kingdom, Matthew 16:19 - And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
  • Power of Evil Spirits, Luke 10:19 - Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
  • The Holy Spirit, Luke 11:13 - If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children; how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?
  • Living Water, John 4:14 - But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
  • Bread of Heaven, John 6:51 - I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
  • Eternal Life, John 10:28 - And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
  • Spiritual Peace, John 14:27 - But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
  • A Spiritual Crown, Revelation 2:10 - Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.
Other examples of blessings affecting one's off-spring:
  • Genesis 9:1 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.
  • Genesis 12:2 And I will make o thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing.
  • Genesis 17:20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall be beget, and I will make him a great nation.
  • Luke 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

No comments: